Community Partner: Susan G. Komen Northeast Ohio

Quick Find

About them:

Susan G. Komen Northeast Ohio

Susan G. Komen is saving lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer. Komen Northeast Ohio serves a 22-county region of Northeast Ohio and is one of more than 70 Affiliates around the globe responsible for leading the global movement to end breast cancer forever. From  Cuyahoga County to Belmont County, from small hospitals to large county health departments, Komen addresses unmet community needs through targeted outreach, screening/diagnostics, navigation, and survivor support initiatives. Through fundraising events like the signature Akron and Cleveland More Than PINK Walks, Komen Northeast Ohio invests 75 percent of its net income to support vital local breast health and cancer services in our geographic area and dedicates the remaining net income – 25 percent – to national research to find the cures. Since 1994, Komen Northeast Ohio has provided more than $16 million in community grants to Northeast Ohio agencies working to end breast cancer. Additionally, more than $5 million has been invested in national research.

Representative: Sean Shacklett & Gina Chicotel

Affiliation: CBRN Members